16/12/07AD Sapporo International Church and Shopping

Date: 16th December 2007AD
Time: 10:45pm
Location: OMF Guest House, Sapporo
Current Mood: Tired, sore feet
What happened:

I had weird dreams. Felt I was in the middle of the ‘I Am Legend’ scenario shooting vampires etc…not nice. Was awoken by trucks who were clearing the streets. It was snowing quite a lot when I got out of bed.

This morning was relatively slow for a church morning. But it ended up in a bit of a rush. There was some back and forth as well at the train station which had my patience running low.

SIC was ok. My earpiece was acting up so I didn’t really get to hear any of the sermon. That said, I wasn’t really saddened about it since I wasn’t overly sure about the quality of the sermon generally. I’ve noticed that expository preaching seems absent in Japan as I haven’t heard anything overtly expository as yet.

We then went off to Odori to do some shopping. We stopped by Sapporo station area first for some lunch where I grabbed a ramen/fried rice combo. It was alright, but I was thinking that it was a weird combo.

Shopping around Odori was slightly disappointing. There were some interesting floors and stores, but mostly upmarket and well beyond what we could afford. We ended up back at Sapporo area to do some shopping and were able to pick up some sweets for friends at home.

On the trip home we stopped by Ralse supermarket to pick up some chicken and stuff for dinner. Finally when we got home we were the first there – Brad had left earlier to head home but wasn’t there. Jay and Mel hadn’t come either.

I cooked up a makeshift chicken dinner dish and when everyone finally poured in we had a good evening just chatting.

My calves are killing me and my feet are so sore. Another long day tomorrow – but at least there’s a drinking party at the end of it all!

Looking forward to:

  • the drinking party tomorrow!
  • Sleep and good rest
Interesting food I ate today:
I had a ramen/fried rice combo for lunch. Was interesting.
For dinner I cooked up a chicken dish with broccoli – used oil, pepper and some soy/sesame dressing for the marinade and this other dressing put on afterwards. The second batch was better than the first.

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com