08/12/2007AD Sunday School, Carols, Testimony

Date: 8th December 2007
Time: 11:30pm
Location: OMF Guest House, Sapporo
Current Mood: Buzzed!

What happened:

What a long day.

A relatively quick breakfast and Richard was around early to take us to Nishi church for their Sunday School celebration. Was given a short tour by Shim Sensei (Pastor Shim) and then we prepped quickly for our performance piece.

I had a short panic when I snapped the ‘b’ string on the guitar. Providentially there was another set of strings in the case so I was able to do some quick surgery before we began. The hosts played a game of bingo also and Steph, Mary and I won presents. We then took them through a rendition of ‘If I Were A Butterfly’ which I played on guitar whilst the others sang and did the actions.

Lunch was provided by the Nishi church, we had some DIY sandwiches and coffee. Then we rushed off to Moere Park to set up for our carolling.

The first session of carols went ok. I stuffed up a couple of times and the speakers weren’t really heard – so we mic’d them the second session and that seemed to work. Mike from Satsunae Lighthouse church helped to switch plugs because the amp we were using only had one workable socket for the guitar and microphone. The second session seemed to be sounding much better.
The afternoon light faded quickly and then we headed off to the Lighthouse Church for some rest before the youth arrived. Jay and I were dropped off at the local ‘Joy’ supermarket in order to pick up some mince for the hamburgers. It was a nice leisurely stroll back to the lighthouse church from there.

I spent most of tonight in the kitchen cooking up the hamburgers which were received well – despite some of the teens only taking a few bites. We had a few fun games including the Name/Animal game and Blow Wind Blow. I shared my testimony which seemed to come across ok, and also sang ‘How Great Is Our God’ which felt incredible whilst doing.

Packed up and cleaned up afterwards then headed back home. Off to SIC church tomorrow.

Looking forward to:
Sleep!

Interesting thing I noticed today:
Too many things happened that I can't remember!

Interesting food I ate today:
Nothing of real interest. Sandwiches for lunch, and hamburgers for dinner.

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com